OUR MISSION: To quickly and compassionately deliver direct financial assistance, easing some of the financial burdens that accompany breast cancer so that patients can concentrate on the more important challenge of getting well.
- Transportation to doctor appointments or extra medical care and treatments. Hospital parking.
- Second opinions, prescribed medications, not covered by insurance
- Costly special clothing, wigs, prostheses.
- Extra childcare, household help and other family support
OUR APPLICANTS: We work with social workers and staff at local hospitals and breast centers to identify and screen applicants based on demonstrated financial need.
FROM OUR RECIPIENTS:
“The donation helped me buy drugs to alleviate the symptoms of chemotherapy, items that weren’t covered by my insurance.” The donation also let me be more relaxed about the needs of my daughter and we are less worried now. It gave me strength to continue and cope” – M, a single mother.
“I will not be able to forget this first push, this first step that you gave me, IBCERF, in your financial support that you granted me that enabled my first step toward winning. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will never forget this. “Anyone who saves a single soul of Israel, it is as if he has established an entire world.”” – Z. , retired widow.
FROM A HOSPITAL BREAST CENTER:
“We would like to express our sincere appreciation and thanks for your significant activities in the area of providing personal help to patients with breast cancer. The “Lemonade Fund” has, to date, assisted many patients at our center, by granting immediate financial aid to women suffering from breast cancer who find themselves in very stressful situations..”
- By Telephone: Call the ESRA office and make your donation by credit card (972) (9-950-8371).
- By Check:
- (Israeli checks should be made payable to ‘ESRA.’ Please attach a note earmarking the donation to ‘The Lemonade Fund.’)
- In Israel, please mail checks to: ESRA, Lemonade Fund, POB 175, Raanana, ISRAEL, 43101-01
- (American Checks should be made payable to ‘PEF.’ Please attach a note earmarking the donation to ‘ESRA/The Lemonade Fund.’)
- In the US, please mail checks to: P.E.F. Israel Endowment Funds, Inc., 630 Third Ave., Suite 1501, New York, NY 10017. Tel: 212-599-1260.
- Tax Exempt donation from the United Kingdom and other countries: Please contact Irene at the ESRA office to find out the best way of making your donation to ESRA from your country. Call ESRA +972-9-9508371, email: email@example.com
The fund is need-based and is administered in coordination with ESRA, a non-profit organization (Israeli Amuta No. 580037455), which for more than 20 years has been involved, in Israel, in providing help for those in need, www.esra.org.il. ESRA is an extremely efficient charity with only 8% of donated funds going to administrative costs.